What Is Cortisol?
Your body contains multiple types of hormones, and they all have different functions. If any hormone level goes down, your can suffer from different issues.
Cortisol is a hormone that belongs to the glucocorticoid group of hormones. It’s a steroid hormone, and the adrenal glands create and release cortisol. It’s responsible for several functions in your body. Low cortisol levels can cause your body to malfunction, but even high levels can cause problems.
In this short write-up, we will find out the functions of cortisol, what causes the hormone to spike, its symptoms, and what supplement to use to lower cortisol levels.
>>REDUCE CORTISOL NATURALLY WITH CORTISYNC<<
Functions of Cortisol
Like other hormones, cortisol involves in several activities in your body. It:
- Acts as a messenger and sends signals to various organs in your body.
- Suppresses inflammation in all the tissues in your body.
- Regulates your body’s response to stress.
- Controls metabolism in your liver, bones, fat, and muscles.
- Regulates sleep pattern.
- Maintain blood pressure.
- Maintains blood sugar levels.
What Causes Too Much Cortisol?
Your body can start producing and releasing high amounts of cortisol due to a number of reasons. The condition of having high amounts of cortisol in the blood is called Cushing’s syndrome. Your cortisol levels can rise due to:
- Tumors in the pituitary gland are called Cushing’s disease, which causes Cushing’s syndrome.
- An adrenal tumor is another reason that can cause cortisol levels to rise. It’s a non-cancerous tumor but can become cancerous in rare cases. The tumor is also one of the causes of Cushing’s syndrome.
- An ectopic tumor can also increase cortisol levels, and it’s also a cause of Cushing’s syndrome. It mostly takes place in the lung area.
- Excessive use of steroids can also spike cortisol levels. Corticosteroids, usually prescribed for arthritis, asthma, and other diseases, can increase cortisol levels if you take the medication for a long time.
What Are The Symptoms Of High Cortisol Levels?
There are many symptoms of high cortisol levels, including:
- Weight gain in the abdomen area
- Muscle weakness
- Prone to bruises
- Mental fogginess
- Mood swings
- Swelling in the legs
You will also notice:
- Spike in blood pressure levels
- Increase in blood sugar levels
- Changes in facial shape (round like moon shape)
- Thick fat accumulation in the back of the neck
- Abnormal hair growth
What Foods Cause High Cortisol?
The following can cause the cortisol in your body to rise:
- Alcohol can cause multiple issues in your body and cause a rise in cortisol.
- Trans Fats can also increase cortisol levels, according to research and studies. As per the studies conducted, the results indicated that those who consumed trans fats regularly were prone to higher levels of depression and aggressive behavior.
- Caffeine doesn’t pose a significant risk if you’re healthy and don’t have any medical issues. But if your life is stressful, it can spike cortisol levels. So, it’s best to minimize caffeine intake as much as possible.
- Carbs that lack fiber can also increase cortisol levels because the foods you eat digest fast, leading to a rise in blood sugar levels.
- Vegetable and seed oils undergo various steps while being processed. As a result, the oils lose a lot of nutrients and become contaminated with toxins. Besides, most plant oils contain a high amount of omega-6 fatty acids, which aren’t good for health as overconsumption can lead to obesity and other diseases.
- Factory-Farmed Beef is another food that can increase cortisol levels because the cattle eat a variety of stuff that increase saturated fats and omega-6 fatty acids. If you want red meat, look for beef from natural farm-bred cattle.
- Chocolate Cake can contain high levels of refined sugar and low amounts of antioxidants which lead to increased release of cortisol. It will make you crave sweet foods like chocolate cake even more. So, limit the intake and eat sugar-free cakes packed with antioxidants.
- Fat-Free Yogurt contains artificial sweeteners, sugar, and other flavors. But it has very little or no live probiotic bacteria, which is essential for lowering cortisol. It also tastes bad, so it’s better to avoid them. Instead, you could consume healthy yogurt in moderate amounts.
- Fruit juice obtained from fresh fruits is healthy if consumed in limited amounts. But store-bought varieties can contain a high amount of sugar. If you drink a lot of fruit juice daily, it can increase sugar levels in the blood and cortisol too.
Best Supplement to Reduce Cortisol and Belly Fat
While it’s true that several foods and conditions can cause a spike in cortisol levels, you can bring it down to normal with a healthy diet and lifestyle, and exercise. You can also use supplements that can reduce cortisol and belly fat at the same time.
You will find many products on the market, but not all are effective and safe. It can be dangerous and useless to use any supplement at random. However, there are some products that you can use without any doubt, like CortiSync from PrimeGENIX.
CortiSync – PrimeGENIX
CortiSync from PrimeGENIX is made of seven elements extracted from plants. All seven substances are adaptogens. Studies and research suggest that adaptogens can raise your body’s resistance to stress and also lower cortisol levels.
The adaptogens enhance the adrenal function and bring the cortisol levels to a balance.
CLICK HERE TO VISIT OFFICIAL WEBSITE
The following are the seven adaptogens that make the supplement. They are
Sensoril: It’s adaptogen number one in the product, and it’s an advanced form of Ashwagandha, an important ingredient in Ayurvedic medicine. Sensoril boosts the cortisol-reducing power of the bioactive compounds present in the roots and leaves of Ashwagandha.
Holy Basil: The second adaptogen in the supplement is holy basil, a sacred and vital ingredient in Ayurveda. People in ancient India used it for several purposes, and recent research also confirms that it can fight all kinds of stress.
L-Theanine: The element is extracted from tea, and it’s known for improving brain functions. It enhances memory power and also allows you to perform mental activities quite smoothly.
Lemon Balm: It’s a plant native to Europe, and people have been using it as a stress reliever for centuries. Lemon balm can improve mood and mental state of mind. It can calm you down and make you more alert.
Lichi: The next ingredient is litchi, a tasty fruit that grows abundantly in the tropics. People have been eating the fruit for thousands of years, and studies also confirm that it can benefit in multiple ways. The bio-active compounds in litchi can boost metabolism, help in weight loss, and also reduce stress.
Magnolia: Locals in both China and Japan use magnolia in traditional medicine. The active compounds can be beneficial in improving sleep patterns and mood and lowering stress levels.
Rhodiola: Last but not least, the final adaptogen in the supplement is Rhodiola, also called “arctic root.” It’s named so because it grows in the cold mountainous regions of Asia and Europe. The compounds in the plant offer many benefits. It can lower fatigue, improve mood, get rid of stress, and promote brain functions.
Benefits of CortiSync
You can reap the following benefits when taking CortiSync from PrimeGENIX. It can:
- Boost metabolism
- Enhance brain functions (focus, memory)
- Increase Strength and stamina
- Improve physical performance
- Improve sleep pattern
- Fight fatigue
- Reduce stress
- Help with weight loss
Does CortiSync Have Any Side Effects?
The ingredients are all well-researched and chosen with care. Hence, there aren’t any known side effects. However, consumers should stay within the recommended dosage.
Several things can increase cortisol levels, and it can be harmful to your health. But with the right supplement, diet, and exercise, cortisol is manageable.
You can get CortiSync and start a course and see how it helps. You’ll feel calmer, more relaxed and energetic and your weight will go down in time.