The ultimate goal of all bodybuilding enthusiasts is to get ripped muscles and the Adonis belt. While some are fortunate to get it fast, others must wait a long time to achieve the goal.
But what is it, and why is it so prized? In this short write-up, we will try to find out everything about the Adonis belt and how you can also get it.
What is Adonis Belt?
The two shallow grooves forming a V shape in the abdomen running from the lilac crest or hip bone to the pelvic area are called the Adonis belt. The grooves are ligaments on the abdominal muscle. It’s formed by the “deep core” muscle group in your abdomen, the inguinal ligament, and the transverse abdominis (TVA).
Why Is It Called Adonis Belt?
The grooves get the name Adonis belt from the Greek God of beauty, virility, and fertility. If you look at the statues of the Greek God Adonis, you can see how perfect they are. Sculptors in ancient times created such magnificent statues because humans believed Gods had flawless physiques.
Besides, among all the Gods, Adonis is said to be the best-looking, as you can see from his statues. His statues also have the V shape perfectly carved in the right area, which wraps around the statue entirely.
In bodybuilding, getting the V shape is prized, and it’s also one of the ultimate goals. Hence, when anyone gets the shallow grooves, it’s like getting the perfect physique like Adonis.
Is Adonis Belt Hard To Get?
Anything good is hard to obtain, but it isn’t impossible. If you follow the right exercise program, a suitable diet, work hard, and stay determined, you can develop the Adonis Belt.
It will probably take time, but you’ll be pleased with the results. So, you need patience and follow the right program, and you’ll achieve the target.
How Do Guys Get V Muscles?
It isn’t wrong to envy people who have the Adonis belt because it certainly looks excellent. But that shouldn’t put you off because, as stated earlier, you can also develop the iliac furrow.
Athletes, however, follow a strict regime to achieve that goal. According to experts and those who have developed the V, they say you have to:
- Take a suitable diet
- Reduce unwanted fat
- Build a strong core
It will be easy for some of you to develop the Adonis belt because genetics also play an essential role in determining the V lines. But you don’t need to stress because you can also do it.
Exercise, Workouts & Tips
Plenty of exercises can reduce fat, but not all are effective for developing the Adonis belt. Only some workout routines can help you achieve the target. The following are some exercises that you can follow to make your Adonis belt visible.
Earlier, we said that strengthening your core is essential to developing your Adonis belt. Planking is one of the exercises that can strengthen your core muscles. This exercise doesn’t take up much of your time, but it’s pretty effective. Here are the simple steps for planks.
- Get to the ground on your forearms and raise your body to a straight line pressing on your toes.
- When you’re in this position, you will feel your abdominal muscles contracting. Try to hold as long as possible. If you’re a beginner, hold for 20 seconds to one minute and increase your time as you progress.
- You can also perform the inchworm or side planking, as these are pretty effective.
- Always remember that you will have excellent results when you do a routine correctly rather than doing it for longer.
Lateral Heel Touches
It’s also one of the exercises that can help develop the Adonis belt. It mainly aims at your obliques which will accentuate your iliac furrow.
- Lie down on your back on the floor and bend your knees.
- Let your heels come up to your hips.
- Lift your shoulders and touch the right side of your heel with your fingertips; do the same on your left.
- Do these for a minute and three sets in total.
This simple but effective exercise focuses on the lower and upper abdominal muscles. The routine is like the windshield wipers wiping the glass.
- Lay down on your back straight on the floor.
- Stretch your arms wide and lift your legs upwards.
- Swing your legs to the right and left and repeat these at least 12-15 times and a total of two sets daily.
- You can raise the number of sets as time goes on.
The routine is effective in stretching your oblique muscles on the sides of your ribs. Continuous exercise will help in making your Adonis belt visible.
These routines specifically target two muscles; the transverse abdominis and obliques. It’s useful for toning the muscle group in your mid-abdomen area, lower abs, and entire rectus abdominis. Follow the steps below to do the routine:
- Lie down on your back with your arms on your side straight on the floor.
- Lift your legs and bend the knees at ninety degrees.
- While in this position, raise your hips and take your knees close to your chest.
- Lower your hips slowly and repeat. Do three sets of ten reps during each session.
Air Bike Crunches
These are also effective for developing the Adonis belt. You can do the routine by following the steps described below.
- Lie down on the floor with your hands behind your head.
- Raise your shoulder blades off the floor.
- Lift your feet off the floor to a forty-five degrees angle and start pedaling like you would a bike.
- Twist your body from side to side and try touching your right elbow to your left knee and your left elbow to your right knee.
- Try to lift your shoulders even higher and contract your core muscles when performing the exercise. Do three sets of 12-15 reps in each session.
It’s an uncommon exercise but one that can work in favor of developing your Adonis belt. Though it’s only one motion, it targets several abdominal muscles. Follow the steps below to do the routine.
- Lie down straight on the floor with your arms stretched above your head.
- Draw your knees close to your chest and pull your hands in while forming a cocoon. Your shoulders should be off the floor when doing this.
- Crunch your torso and contract your body as much as possible when in the “cocoon” position for maximum effect. Continue for one minute and a total of four sets.
The exercises target the muscles surrounding the Adonis belt area, so regular sessions will be helpful. However, losing fat is more important than developing muscle mass.
Hence, you should first try to lose as much fat as possible. You must also change your diet, reduce fat and carb intake, and add more protein.
The right diet and exercise will help you obtain a toned physique and a visible Adonis belt.