Champagne Press Benefits
Champagne Press is an exercise routine that helps pump the chest muscles by using simple equipment and movements. This pressing method is one of the most convenient ways to build a ripped chest for bodybuilders and gym addicts.
You can apply the Champagne Press movement to your daily training routine in the gym. It is easy to learn and is an excellent chest workout finisher. This chest exercise method is one that gym freaks can’t say no to.
The Champagne Press exercise is aimed at the upper pectoral muscles and can turn a flat chest into a massive one, given the right circumstances and training. This method is also one of the best ways for women who want big chests as it helps in adding volume.
How To Perform Champagne Press
The best time to get the Champagne Press done is towards the end of your workout routine. This method does not require you to use heavy equipment when you start.
You need to get the angles and movements right before you can lift heavy equipment. The average weight of the dumbbells at the initial stages of the exercise can be around 10 to 15 kilograms. You can gradually increase the weight of the dumbbells as you get the hang of the movement.
Let us assume that you are nearing the end of your workout session. That is the best time to implement the exercise while your body is still warm and stretched.
- Once you are ready to end your workout routine, find yourself a flat or an inclined bench in the gym. If there are no free benches, you can lie flat on the floor for this exercise.
- Take two dumbbells weighing around 10 to 20 kilos, depending on your comfort. However, it is wiser to use a weight or two heavier than what you can handle, as it helps balance the dumbbells more.
- Lie on the bench and hold the dumbbells together with your fingers pointing towards the direction of your chest.
- The dumbbells should be placed between the upper pectoral and your chin so that the upper pectoral will move upwards as you raise your arms.
- The idea is to raise your arms by moving them above your head, not right above your chest. Ensure to extend your arms to a 45degree angle.
- When you raise your arms, ensure that the two dumbbells touch each other to get the best possible stretch. If they are apart, that defeats the whole point of the exercise.
- After attaining full stretch, exhale your breath as you bring your arms back to the starting position. Keep repeating the movement several times till your arms are tired.
- The most important thing to remember while performing the Champagne Press is to stay focused on the task at hand to get a better shot at achieving a better pump.
A couple of benefits come with the Champagne Press exercise, but the most significant gain is the increase in the size of your chest. This is the exercise to follow if you want to achieve a massive chest.
It requires discipline and focus to perform this training method day-in and day-out. Champagne Pressing will also give your triceps rigidity, the back of your upper arm.
If you raise your arms straight, it will only help strengthen your shoulders. That is why it is crucial to ensure the arm movement goes towards the top of your head. This will ensure that the weight is evenly distributed between the chest and shoulders.
What Muscle Does Champagne Press Work?
Champagne Press engages a number of muscles as the arms stretch upwards and back. The main goal of this exercise is to pump up the chest and make it bigger.
Let us look at some of the muscles engaged through Champagne Press workouts.
- The biggest impact Champagne Press has on the body is the upper Pectoralis major. It refers to the upper part of the chest area, a thick triangular, interjecting muscle. The Pectoralis major covers most parts of the chest muscles.
- The triceps in your upper arm is also engaged while performing the Champagne Press. Triceps are the muscles located inside your upper arm. The Champagne Press helps increase hypertrophy in the triceps.
- The front delts in the front of your shoulders also called the anterior deltoid, is also engaged while working the Champagne Press.
- The lower posterior thorax is also used when using the Champagne Press technique, giving it rigidity.
The best way to get the best results for these muscles is to use a flat bench while performing the Champagne Press. Inclining benches will not give you maximum results compared to a flat one.
Steps For Beginners
The Champagne Press routine is used regularly by seasoned bodybuilders to increase the bump on their chests. If you are a beginner, you should seek the help of a trainer if accessible.
If you do not have access to a professional trainer, here are some simple steps you can follow to get a good head start.
- Warm up your body by performing other workout exercises before you decide to do the Champagne Press.
- Once you are warmed up, find a flat bench and two lightweight dumbbells.
- Hold the dumbbells between your chin and upper pectoral, with the dumbbells touching each other.
- After that, you can stretch your arms upwards towards your head and back.
- Continue a couple of times and stop, so muscles in your arms and shoulders will not burn out.
- Do not overdo the exercise when you are starting out.
Conclusion – Champagne Press Benefits
The Champagne Press is a go-to exercise for people that aspire to have pumped-up chests. It is a routine used regularly by bodybuilders and gym freaks, improving their upper pectoral major, shoulders, and upper arms.
The best way to practice this routine is during the end of your workout session, helping you to get your desired chest size.